I was looking through my Sicilian cookbooks and found this chestnut! I loved the title of the recipe but the main ingredient is not too appealing, but hey I guess someone in Sicily eats this as it is in a cookbook.
- 1 Litro di sangue di maiale (1 litre of pig's blood)
- 200 grammi di granella di mandorle tostate (200 grams of ground up almonds)
- 500 grammi di zucchero (500 grams of sugar)
- 200 grammi di cioccolato fondente (200 grams of chocolate)
- 100 grammi di zuccata a pezzettini (100 grams of candied pumpkin)
Once cool add the almonds, sugar and chocolate and serve it cold .......yum, yum.
I actually feel a bit queasy, luckily this book doesn't have a photograph. Please email me if you have ever had this delicacy.