Saturday, January 31, 2009

Harrods o'clockAt Lisbon airport there was a little bit of home feeling from the Harrods shop and cafe. The one thing though was that the sandwiches looked dire as they were in a glass case with no refrigeration and at 7pm they looked a bit droopy and sweaty!

At the cafe we had some pastel - the pics is mine, unlike the one from yesterday's post and after that I searched the whole airport for something proper to eat, I had had a few days of way too many sweets. The only thing I could find that wasn't a sweaty 12hour old salami sandwich was...a salad from McDonalds - gasp! Yes I had 6 Euro tuna salad from Mc.Dees with a nice olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing and it was good. I didnt even know they did salads? Not bad for a starving traveller about to board a plane by an airline (TAP Portugal) that serves bad food - my colleagues all warned me.

No comments: