According to the UK govt. The nine alcohol-fuelled personality types are:
· "De-stress drinkers" use alcohol to regain control of life and calm down. They include middle-class women and men.
· "Conformist drinkers" are driven by the need to belong and seek a structure to their lives. They are typically men aged 45 to 59 in clerical or manual jobs.
· "Boredom drinkers" consume alcohol to pass the time, seeking stimulation to relieve the monotony of life. Alcohol helps them to feel comforted and secure.
· "Depressed drinkers" may be of any age, gender or socioeconomic group. They crave comfort, safety and security.
· "Re-bonding drinkers" are driven by a need to keep in touch with people who are close to them.
· "Community drinkers" are motivated by the need to belong. They are usually lower middle class men and women who drink in large friendship groups.
· "Hedonistic drinkers" crave stimulation and want to abandon control. They are often divorced people with grown-up children, who want to stand out from the crowd.
· "Macho drinkers" spend most of their spare time in pubs. They are mostly men of all ages who want to stand out from the crowd.
· "Border dependents" regard the pub as a home from home. They visit it during the day and the evening, on weekdays and at weekends, drinking fast and often.
Did you know there were so many? And isn't it weird that reading this you can probaly think of several people that you know that fit one of these categories?
Read the full article from the Guardian here and find out what the govt is planning to do to help these people that drink 50% more than the weekly limit.
I think they forgot a category - "Celebs" see the pic of Lilo above. There are a lot of celebs rolling out of clubs in London each night, ending up in the London Paper or the Metro the next day in horrid photographs. It does sell papers though...