I was picked by a company to try out some new Dove chocolates and to distribute it to friends to get their feedback and try their product. I have been delaying posting about it for several reasons and although the PR people who sent it to me are extremely nice I am not a huge fan of the product.
I have a few comments about the products:
- I like the different flavours they offer - the milk, dark and mix of the two (my favourite was the mix of the two)
- I like the handy little packages they came in - there are four small squares in a cute little sleeve that is nice to keep in your purse for a choc-attack - perfect for a bite sized chocolate fix
- I like the branding and the packaging looks nice
- The taste of the chocolates was ok, nothing spectacular and I have definitely had better - especially the new organic versions on the market beat this brand by a mile
- The pack of chocolates came with one branded champagne glass - a) champagne glasses are nice gifts when they come in sets of two (unless you are a Bridget Jones type drinking alone) and b) why would I want a branded champagne glass? It's a bit tacky
- There are messages printed on the inside of each wrapper - which is something I love about the Italian Baci chocolates - they have lovely poems about love and proverbs but the ones inside the Dove chocolate were terrible (hire a new copywriter!) Some examples:
- Sleep in
- Start a travel fund
- Jump on the bed
- Use expensive shampoo
- And, friends that I distributed it to - liked it but again were not giving me feedback that was overly gushing about the product
Overall, it was good and I would probably buy it in a few months to see if the little messages have improved.