Thursday, March 20, 2008

Knysna Oyster Factory
Rexi is in South Africa for two weeks visiting the outlaws and will be going to some great places along the Garden Route. I recommend stopping in to the Knysna Oyster Company in Knysna. I remember really enjoying these fresh oysters from their little shop. We were camping around SA so I think I ate them on the hood of our car - how glamorous!

South Africa is a beautiful country with amazing food and people - I loved their pie shops too - I think they are called Mr. Pie. We even visited one of the top restaurants in the world, as nominated by Restaurant Magazine - it is called Le Quartier Francais in the Cape Winelands with the Franschheok Mountains as a backdrop. It came in the top 50 list again last year. Get to South Africa to see the Big 5 (which I still haven't seen after 2 visits there) and to experience a totally different type of vacation filled with contrasts and cultural differences.

No comments: