Monday, December 03, 2007

Carluccio's 'exotic food'
Am a bit tired this week but will fill in the blanks for the last two posts shortly... I think the Christmas season is upon us and all things are hectic at the moment. I have made a mental note to avoid Oxford Circus until mid January - it is like being in a sardine can trying to walk along the street...it's utterly frustrating & gross! Mayor Ken needs to sort it out.

Anyhoo, onto food...I had this super delicious squid ink pasta at Carluccio's the other night (I don't think I am eating at home at all this week). I brought some home in a doggy bag and some of B's friends were here who are from the norf (North) saw it and shrieked, 'what on earth are you eating??!' I love the northerners - they are so fun - I explained that the black color comes from the ink of the squid. It is an unusual type of ingredient for a pasta sauce but it is delicious! I offered a taste, but it was 'way too exotic' for them.

Instead they happily drank their champagne and went off to a party in their fancy dress - the house was full of Pink Ladies from Grease, a Cher look a like, Spider Woman, Wonder Woman and Shrek. Needless to say there were two large bags of recycling today full of wine and champagne bottles - the sign of a good pre-party!

Good food, good friends and good wine (or champagne) - that is what life is all about...

No comments: