Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Little Hanoi" in Shoreditch

I have to say that I have not had a Chinese or Vietnamese experience that I have enjoyed unless it was at an extremely expensive restaurant. Tonight I went to a Christmas party at a Vietnamese restaurant and it was cheap and cheerful but nothing else - the tastes don't impress and the food always seems so greasy. I ordered the tofu vegetarian option as I always find the quality of the meat to be suspicious.

Along the Kingsland Road in Shoreditch there are several Vietnamese restaurants and the strip is nicknamed Little Hanoi - it was also BYOB which was nice. The service was excellent and the staff super nice but the food to me is always lacking...is it just me or unless you go to the likes of the Prince Hotel for Chinese or Vietnamese you don't get the greatest meal?! Maybe I just don't like Vietnamese or maybe I haven't found a cheap and cheerful restaurant that is actually fabulous quality like Street Hawker in Maida Vale is for Thai food.

Oh well...am sure I will survive this dilemma.

:)

1 comment:

Jhon said...

In any occasion or party i prefer to take jerez sherry, because sherry can be created as a dessert wine or a cheese wine. Thanks