Friday, November 09, 2007

All the Queen's horses and all the Queen's men...

Rexi saw the Queen in the flesh during the time of the Saudi King's visit. They had a large banquet that evening - most likely a state dinner. I wonder what they ate???

Apparently the Queen eats corn flakes for breakfast - just like my gran! Her official butcher is in our neighbourhood, located on Clifton Road -they are called Cobb of Knightsbridge.
And the original Queen Elizabeth, the one Cate Blanchett plays in that fantastic movie, apparently had for breakfast - ale, beer, wine & bread with a pottage(soup) of mutton or beef. Maybe that is why she remained the virgin queen!

Here is video of the Queen's horses getting their daily exercise in my neighborhood. This is what I saw the day I arrived back in the Vale. Loved it.

No comments: