Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Humble home of Gryfe'sThey say the simplest things are the best. I think everyone expects the home of Gryfe's Bagels to be grand and wonderfully chic because they admittedly have the best bagels in the world.
But no, they are housed in a non-descript unit on Bathurst Street, with probably the same furniture that they started with way back when. No fancy fridges, counters or shop decor.

Only friendly staff and bagels in glass bins for all to admire. I love the old school feel without it being made up. It is a genuine place where many would probably walk by and not notice but those who know, come in droves.

Every time I am there I am in a queue of people ordering 2-3 dozen bagels at a time and when I went last I got there at around 3pm and they had sold out of double poppy seed bagels, which are my favourite!

I highly recommend this place. I have yet to taste a better bagel.
Remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine eats poppy seed muffins and tests positive for Opium?! That could be me!
:)

No comments: