Thursday, August 30, 2007

Egg on top?Kaiaua Fisheries, located on Coast Road, Kaiaua - apparently the best fish and chips place in NZ. When Robbie and Pat took me there he ordered his with an egg on top! I have never seen that done before. Kaiaua is such a small, quaint place near Waikato and the farm. The service is great and the food is even better. It is apparently Buns' favorite place to eat fush and chups (as the Kiwis say).

I had a craving for fish and chips today and perhaps next time I order it I will ask for an egg on top. I wonder if that is a Kiwi thing or they will serve it to me like that at Chippy's on Queen Street W? That is the only fish and chips place I can think of in this city.

Chippy's have a great website (look at the pic below - it makes your mouth water, non?) and the menu looks good too, will have to take the Brit when she gets here as am sure she is missing some Brit-style food on her travels. Review of Chippy's to come...

1 comment:

Sutton Walk said...

OMG!!! I would die for some fish and chips!!! Happily, the dress I have planned for my big day is pretty forgiving and I'm sure you have lots of activities lined up for us in any case... Can we go to yoga or a crazy aerobics/dance class?? x