Monday, April 02, 2007

What do you want to drink?<

It seems to be the dreaded question for me when someone is ordering at the bar. Am not really a fan of beer and don't always feel like a shandy as they can be very bloat inducing, don't like white wine, nor cheap red wine as it tastes awful and at bars good red wine is rare or expensive. So that leaves mixed drinks some of which can be boring, rum and coke, vodka/gin tonic and my memory passes me when I want to order something different...sometimes it is easier to just order a Coke. This past weekend, this time of indecision led me to miss the opportunity to pick something and instead let the drink buyer pick something. I like this as it takes the pressure off and I usually enjoy something new.

All were happy with the choice - Prosecco. I haven't had it in ages and really like it.

Prosecco is a variety of white grape grown in the Veneto region of Italy, and also gives its name to the sparkling wine made from the grape like true Champagne.

The grape is grown in the wine-growing regions north of Venice. Its late ripening has led to its use in dry sparkling wines. Apparently Bellinis, made properly should be made with Prosecco. The name "Prosecco" is now protected under European law and can be used only for the wine made from the Prosecco grape in the Conegliano/Valdobbiadene region.

It was just lovely - refreshing, sparkling and nice and light. A few of us enjoyed the Prosecco at one of our locals, The Metropolitan. The pic is of Ben and his red trousers (which were the hit of the party) and sunglasses which are not 3D-they are part of the t-shirt! He is a man of fine taste and always knows how to have a good time! Thx Ben for ordering, I could've been a while...

No comments: