Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sweety Kriekbier
Kriekbier and Fruli are fresh, fruity, strawberry and raspberry beers – perfect for the approaching summer; although today is freezing. It comes out of the tap/bottle pink which is pleasant and is sweet but not overly sweet.

Again another girly drink – an alternative to the much loved shandy. It is not served in many places so look out for it, it is hard to find information about it online. I am partial to Fruli but tried Kriekbier this weekend and was just as nice. Fruli and Kriekbier are Belgian and when I find more about them I will post again. All I know is that you can get it in a few select places, it tastes great and is nice to hold in the land of yellow and brown beers.

The Volunteer pub at the edge of Regent’s Park serves it and in the midst of all the teams who come to drink pre and post game you can see many females and a few males enjoying the drink. The one in the pic was wrapped so sweetly in such nice paper and was served at the Ground Floor pub on Portobello Road.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever since your return to London, your posts have been more and more about booze than food...why is that? Uhm....

Dolce said...

The theme this month is drinks :)

Anonymous said...

Hello anon

Its because she is a booze-hag, me I dont touch the stuff...I stick to softdrinks and juice.

Sands

You failed to mention you almost took someones eye out when you popped the cork on that one.

It didnt get me, I was in the corner sipping on a diet-coke.

Bun xo

Dolce said...

now for those who know me you will know who is usually sipping Coke and who has the antipodean genes for drinking!