Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Arepa Arepa!

Guest post by Annu:
While traveling in Latin America, I wanted to sample as much of the local authentic food as I could and one of my favourites turned out to be the arepa. This delicious little thing was everywhere in various forms. Essentially, you start with a corn-based meal cake, split it in half and fill it with cheese, meat, or nothing! It can be eaten at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even as a snack after a late night out on the town.


An interesting side note about the arepa is its history- Columbians claim they created the arepa while Venezuelans say they created it! I tried both and I must admit, the Venezuelan arepa was much better than the Columbian version (no disrespect intended!)... so if taste is any indication of who created the arepa I will have to side with Team Venezuela!

If you want to read more, check out the Wikipedia entry for Arepa.


AdiĆ³s amigos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ole!