Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sweet times ahead

Am making appts with some very important people to teach me some of their secrets for making Italian sweets / dolci -in Italian. My grandmother never wrote any down and did everything from memory and used this odd, small plastic green cup which must've came from a child's tea set or some other sort of toy set... hopefully the aunties will have proper measurements and standard utensils so I can properly document for the book.

Will also visit Cousin G on her farm and take a peek at her neighbours dairy cows! Hee, haw...

So stay tuned for some cookie making adventures and a farm visit in Nobleton.

And speaking of sweet, my comment for today is that I am not used to it but everyone is soooo nice in Toronto it is shocking! In every part of your day people are kind, polite, considerate and sugary sweet. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice change but when fellow joggers and dog walkers salute you - it is strange!
At Paddy Rec I have never been saluted by anyone -unless it is Bun lapping me on the track and even then it is mocking!

A lot of friendly banter from strangers and store clerks -I they must think I am moody or strange as each time I think I look a little shocked and perplexed. I brace myself when I am in a busy area but instead there is not the usual preparation for a shoulder check instead people move out of your way...I think I like a little edge so may keep up the London attitude (not sure how it will go down though)

My sis is making dinner tonight so may fill up on a bagel beforehand...will take a pic if it is an excellent creation or an odd ball!

No comments: