Tuesday, September 08, 2009

No such thing as a free meal

After eating bbq and fresh and yummy food all weekend at the cottage I offered (well I was told by my sister!) to help tidy up. I went to the closet, grabbed the Hoover and proceeded to Hoover/vacuum, which I did with some delight as it had been a long while, god bless cleaning ladies!

When I was Hoovering within sight of my sister I emphasised how I was quite enjoying a little manual labour, to which she keeled over with laughter until she could scream over the noise that I was using the steam cleaner!

I did think it was extremely large and that it wasn't doing a very efficient job of colleting crumbs, but didn't want to bring it to her attention as that may have meant that I would have to change a bag or empty something. I had to start again - indeed, there's no such thing as a free meal!

No comments: