Friday, June 26, 2009

Truffle's 'n garlic
Two delicious foods which came direct from a farmers' field and some dark and danky forest; this garlic and truffle were purchased by the lovely Em at Taste of London. We went to the festival in Regent's Park where we sampled great food from some of the city's top chefs. We stumbled upon Em at the end of the day and he displayed his purchases. He had a very smelly but plump truffle (£10quid) and he bought a ginormous head of garlic, which is probably the largest one can purchase in this metropolis!

There are a few restaurants on my list after visiting the festival, I must re-visit Tom's Kitchen as grumpy Bunky and I only went there for breakfast and I would love to try their lunch and dinner menu. I would also love to go to the Boxwood Cafe as we had the most divine dessert (see below) from that stall. Have you ever had home made marshmallows? They were extraordinary! And Stellina licked the chocolate pot with extreme delight.

There were so many great restaurants selling samples of their specialties, so many places to try; will write up my wish list and try and check them all off before the end of the year!

No comments: