Thursday, May 21, 2009

Special Escargot Menu @ Café Rouge

Last year, Café Rouge reported a record number of Brits tucking into one of France's favourite delicacies - the humble snail. Apparently 24 May is National Escargot Day and the restaurant group has created a special Escargot Day menu to mark the event. Available until 31 May, guests will have to 'shell out' just £4.95 to get a taste of the slimy little mollusc in a variety of tasty sauces including rich garlic butter, melted goat's cheese and spinach and mushroom.

Get down there to eat some snails (for those of you who don't know what escargot is!) I might have to go and have a taste, otherwise I will go hunt for some of the creatures in a park and cook them myself, I just need to call my Aunty in Canada for her special recipe.

Mmmm


No comments: