Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The V
We were settling into a nice lunch at The V, as the locals call it, (the Volunteer for tourists and non-regulars) located on Baker Street the other afternoon when I was suddenly hit by the lurgy, as Jess calls it, so had to leave half my lunch behind. The first half of my spinach veggie burger tasted good, but had only a half sip of my Magners cider and had to leave the rest behind. If Clara was there I could hear her say - it is 'just wrong' to leave a beer unfinished and down it herself (well that was in her younger days). Have been there several times before with the Bunny rabbit but only for drinks and banter. Next time will have to go and eat my whole meal and play some of their board games. At least the Squirrel enjoyed his big burger lunch and Leffe.

No comments: