Thursday, October 23, 2008

Japanese in HattonTaking a break from Sicilian food today. Here are some pics of a lovely dinner I had with the Japanese expat at Tajima-Tei on Leather Lane, near Hatton Garden. I let the expert order the meal and he did a fantastic job. I was a little daunted by all the sashimi (and no rice) but I managed to survive and enjoy it all.
A delicious tofu dish The quality of the fish is amazing and the presentation and service is impeccable - excellent choice Mr. H (he kindly paid for dinner too - a big thank you/origato/mille grazie). I can't recall what we ordered but I know it was a sashimi mix of salmon, tuna, prawn and other quality fish, with a delicious tofu dish and miso soup as starters.

The restaurant is very traditional in style, downstairs they have private booths like they have in Japan and according to the expat it was very much like being in Japan, although he didn't speak to the servers in Japanese, next time. So if you are in the area of Hatton Garden, famous for all its jewelery shops walk a few streets over to Leather Lane, there is a bustling market there during the day and find this little gem.

No comments: