Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Go to Market
Above: Divine salt beef main with a mustard sauce. Below: smoked haddock with a Hollandaise sauce and the most scrumptious mash with herbs. Below: grilled fresh mackerel with roasted red peppers and a tomato sauce (it was all too tasty for words!).Most likely the best restaurant in Camden, serving fresh and delicious British fare, Market Restaurant (43 Parkway, NW1) is the place to be at lunch. The menu changes daily and you can get a two course lunch for a tenner. Buying a horrid salad from a chain with a banana and a drink costs almost the same nowadays. Went there twice in the last three weeks and each time I wasn't disappointed.

I also heard through the grapevine that they won an award from the Observer Food Monthly's magazine but I have to still Google that article and find out what it was for. If you want something other than dodgy market food or chain sandwiches take a break from hectic Camden Market here, I highly recommend it.

Both times I was too full for sampling the puddings but am sure on my next visit will have to squeeze one in!

No comments: