Sunday, July 27, 2008

Too Sweet!The note that came with my candy package from my nephew - why can't kids stay this age forever? I love this note.

I shared the Sweet Tarts PM sent me with my work colleagues (they liked them, I didn't) and ate the package of Jawbreakers so it was quite a 'sweet' gift after all.


From Wiki:
SweeTarts are sweet and sour candies invented by J. Fish Smith, the owner of Sunline. The tablets were created using the same basic recipe as the already popular Pixy Stix and Lik-M-Aid products, in response to parents' requests for a less-messy candy. In 1963, SweeTarts were introduced with the same flavors as the popular Pixy Stix: cherry, grape, lemon, lime, and orange.

The Sunline company was later bought by Rowntree Mackintosh, of the United Kingdom, which was, in turn, taken over by Nestlé. Nestlé rolled the SweeTarts family of candies into the already-existing Willy Wonka Candy Company family of brands.

The current flavors in the SweeTarts roll are: tropical punch (blue), cherry (pink), grape (purple), green apple (green), lemon (yellow), and orange (orange). In 2001, Nestlé chose to replace the original lime with green apple. Also, the flavors are more tart now than in the past.

No comments: