Thursday, July 10, 2008

Guinness around the cornerThe thing that I love about London is that you always discover something new in places that you think you are familiar with. This building is only steps away from my office on a little street I never walk down. I stumbled upon it the other day and thought it was quite impressive. It is a housing block that was founded in 1890 by Edward Guinness, the great grandson of the founder of the Guinness brewery.

The Guinness Trust is the oldest member of the Guinness Partnership, a group of housing associations. It is a UK charity which provides affordable housing.

The trust is no longer run by the Guinness family - Princess Antonia of Prussia, Marchioness of Douro, OBE (b. April 28, 1955) great-granddaughter of Wilhelm II of Germany and 355th in line to the British Throne now runs the trust.

I want a title like Princess Antonia -what is a Marchioness? Definitely the wife of a nobleman.

I wonder if the residents got discounts on the beer from Eddy? And 355th in line to the British Throne is pretty impressive eh?

:)

No comments: