Well, what else do you get kids to do in the summer? We put them to work making mohitos for us a few weekends ago at the beach. They are great at picking the fresh mint from the garden, stirring in the sugar and very exact at pouring the lemon & lime juice and mixing in the solda and vodka; it is like being in home economics class! Kids love tasks that are usually left to grownups. They didn't get a chance to taste the drinks but we did make them a virgin version.
Belli is the cutest little angel and a great helper. I wish I was a teacher like her mother and had a little star sticker to give her. Thanks for your help cutie and see you soon!
Westwood Mohito Recipe:
*We altered the recipe for what was in the cupboard
- Lots of fresh mint from the garden
- A squirt of lemon and lime juice (as much as we had in the fridge)
- A tbsp of sugar per glass – brown sugar is nice
- We used Havana Club rum – but any rum will do – the flavored Bacardi Limon one would be nice
- We didn’t have club soda so we used Perrier water with a hint of lime