Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Salsiccia con rapiniMy mother makes this and everyone seems to love it but I hate the sourness of the rapini. It is easy to make - cook some Italian sausages and at the same time lightly steam some rapini. Once the sausages are done throw them together in a fry pan with some olive oil and seasoning and then serve over freshly boiled white pasta.

Everyone seems to love it but I can't stand it - especially sausages from unknown butchers. Ground meat is to be avoided at all costs in my books! You never really know what goes into it. It is like wearing polyester, never really a need for it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is standard fare in my house - a quick, easy and very healthy dinner. And, i only use the sausages my mother makes at home with reliable meat!

Dolce said...

ah that is the trick, home made sausage but that still doesn't solve the sour rapini part!