Thursday, September 06, 2007

Dainty Espresso Not usually a fan of garage sales but my sister has turned me on to them this summer. You can actually find some great stuff for great prices. Juizy got a vintage cruiser bike for $10 - it rides well and is so comfy and retro cool! Someone even shouted out during the end of summer beach parade 'hey nice Schwinn!' which is the brand of the bike.

Another find was this espresso maker at a neighbour's sale at the cottage. Dale, originally from South Africa had a great sale and I think did quite well with takings. She is a lovely lady and we talked about our favourite South African things: rooibos tea and Ouma rusks.

I think we bought this beautiful butterfly patterned espresso maker for 25cents?! You can fit 4 tiny espresso cups around it to make a strong espresso. We didn't have a chance to try it out yet but next time we will make some and bring some over to Dale with milk as she doesn't like strong coffee...or we will just sit on the porch and sip rooibos.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sisters garage sale bike doesn't even have breaks! You call that a good find? hahaha

Anonymous said...

Well If you ever want to sell that beautiful little espresso maker I will by it from you at even ten times the price!!! My boyfriend is a coffee fiend and would love to add that maker to his collection.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I must be tired. I can't spell. Sorry about that.

Dolce said...

She thinks everything is a find, even a bike without brakes! :)

Dolce said...

thanks Diane, where are you based?
am actually having a great cup of coffee from a packet of coffee given to me by a visitor from Kenya.