Friday, May 11, 2007

Love Shack - Lobster Trap
It has been a busy week but I managed to eat at two fab restaurants this past week. On Monday it was at Joso's on Avenue Road and Davenport and on Wednesday it was Lobster Trap on Avenue Road. Both great restaurants for seafood. More on Josos later.

Lobster Trap has been around for many many years, I can't remember how long from the blurb on the menu...my memory fails me as many of you know...but it never changes - the decor, the lighting, the plates, table cloths all are the same. I was there seven years ago and it was just as I had remembered it.

Very basic, rustic, homely but it works. If you want fresh lobster then you go there, upon entering you walk by the tanks of the fresh crustaceans and then you are served it in the simplest of ways, either broiled or steamed only a little while later.

They do have a variety of other fresh fish but as the name of the restaurant is Lobster Trap, lobster is the order of the day! We had oysters to start and my companions ordered their infamous lobster bisque soup. Unfortunately, I am cream intolerant so only had a taste but it was great. I ordered the 2lbs of crab and it was huge! It had to be taken home for crab salad the next day. All of their fish is served with fresh lemon or melted butter - all was delicious.

Our server was super nice and my two guests were on 'diets' but orderered some questionable items from the food and drink selection...they are too funny and great company! Thanks for dinner Mrs. D. They are dining at Phoenicia's in Michigan this weekend- maybe they are sitting in Bill Clinton's chair.

Have a great sunny Saturday!
x

No comments: