Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Circa 1991?<

Pics from the early 90s of a family visit to Sicily. Had pizza last night but it wasn't the same as home made pizza cooked in a wood burning stove in the countryside.

So thought I would dig up some old pics and show a little bit of Sicily...
In the pic, Franca's fresh pizza made with such few, fresh ingredients - tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and perhaps mushrooms, home made olives or some home made salami. That is all you really need!

Westerners have add all kinds of toppings to pizza it is just hideous, my rule is no more than 3 toppings. One of the best pizzas I had in Italy was the marinara which had tomato sauce, basil, garlic and oregano..divine. Simple Sicilian cooking at its best!


My sis and I with our cousins way back when in 'campagna' their country house where the wood burning stove and orchards are... Oh how little we were...

No comments: