Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cookbook Cafe

What a great concept; enjoy a fantastic meal and browse through several cookbooks while sipping on your favourite vino. This is what you can do at the Cookbook Café at the Hotel Intercontinental on Park Lane in London. So if you didn’t get a good look at that cookbook in the shops while waiting for your train or you haven’t been able to get to that specialty cookbook shop to see some of the great or obscure cookbooks not stocked at your local bookshop you can eat drink and read all without any hassle. I love it.

The Cookbook Café has a market table (pic) which lays out a great spread for lunch, it looked divine and apparently a great spot for Sunday brunch. They are bringing in a special demonstration table from Australia for future cooking lessons, demonstrations and more. They even have a blog and you can sign up for podcasts, how very advanced, non?

The hotel is in the final stages of a 70 million pound renovation and it looks fab and sleek and their other restaurant is run by none other, Theo Randall former chef from the River Café. He apparently even taught Jamie O some of his stuff. His menu looks like a dream for any foodie, although I still haven’t got around to eating pigeon and I know Julia Child was always skinning them in her kitchen and cooking them for friends. I would love to try his Pannacotta with baked champagne rhubarb,blood orange and moscato - mmm! Erm…perhaps this is a subtle hint for where you can take me for my birthday.
Thx to Jennifer, their lovely PR guru for meeting with me this week, we both have extremely difficult last names to pronounce :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time I am in London, will you take me to this place? Those desserts look devine - CP

Dolce said...

I will definitely take you there!

Anonymous said...

Or else, I think this idea would fly in T.O....maybe this is your cash cow!

Anonymous said...

Hy Sands, what a great post! I actually work there as Director of Food & Beverage and it’s good to read such a nice post. Hope you like our blog, any comments highly appreciated. When we setup the place I thought a blog would be an interesting and different way to emphasize on the interactive vision of the concept. Let me know your thoughts and again, thanks for such a wonderful post.