Thursday, February 01, 2007

Recipe Therapy (pic: me, BP, GP & my sis)

While at Maria & cousin Basilio Petrolo's home tonight I was collecting recipes but at the same time reminiscing about family, food and more which was very therapeutic.
To add to the therapy theme Maria's sister came over and gave her an acupuncture treatment for her sprained ankle.

It was a great evening filled with food, family and renditions of the Little Mermaid theme song sung in two versions, one loud and clear from their eldest daughter and and one cute, mumbly one by their three year old-both extremely adorable!

After lots of discussion about food, cooking and more I was reminded of how people can talk about food for ages. I was in Sardinia last year and remember two middle aged couples beside us on their blanket talking for more than an hour on how they cook their melanzane (eggplant/aubergines). They went in depth as to how their husbands like it, their kids like it, how their parents made it, how their neighbours make it, when they fry it, salt it, peel it, where they buy it, how they order it in a restaurant... and on and on. I thought it was funny but then realised this is probably what we did tonight from 6-11pm about Sicilian dessert!?

Thx for dinner BP - unfortunately your spicy sausage sauce will not go into the cookbook but it was delicious. If you send it and I can post it for the readers, only if you allow us to tell your secret ingredient.

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa - it looks like you are at MacDonald!! I can't believe you indulged in such.....