Monday, February 12, 2007

Brunch anyone?
Breakfast here was divine. Two poached eggs over crusty bread with asparagus, a potato rosti triangle, shaved Parmesan and fresh truffle olive oil drizzled on top of it all; served with a steaming latte = one happy person who has woken up early on a Saturday morning! Thx to MP for treating and taking me to this little gem on Queen St.E which seems to be less frequented since more ppl are glued to the Queen West side of the city.

Andrea is the chef/part owner and he is the one in the pic making these fine breakfast combinations. Bollito is another: soft boiled eggs, oystercrimini relish, polenta/potato rosti and truffle olive oil -mmmmm! All the brunch items names' are unique and the service is superb.

Now, what is becoming a habit is I go to a place, order and then wait in anticipation for the meal; once it arrives I dig in voraciously and when there are small remnants left on the plate I think, 'oh shit i forgot to take a pic!' Trust me, this happens all the time. So I have this blurry one of Andrea in the kitchen. For the real thing get down to B Espresso Bar (111 Queen Street East) in the mornings and have some of his food - he makes it with passion which I think always makes a difference!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sands...you forgot the rest of your 'habit' when you go out to eat. You usually ask them to change 1/2 a dozen things within the dish, which gets the waiting staff so confused about what you actually want when it appears in front of you it no longer resembles what was described on the menu...come on fess up about this habit of yours! Or does this only happen in the UK?

Dolce said...

ha ha, you know I am waiting for that food critic job! am sure I can get lots of free meals for us -you will just have to be patient while i change my order to make it purrfect!

Annu said...

Do you do that at McDonald's too? They hate it when I ask for Sweet n Sour sauce with my Big Mac.

Dolce said...

hmm...don't frequent mcd's unless there is a child in tow who is having a tantrum and wants french fries. used to be an after dancing spot but not anymore...'a minute on the lips a lifetime on the hips' as my old closet gay boss used to say.

Annu said...

LOL- I will remember that one!