Monday, December 18, 2006

Tis the Season
Fa, la, la, lah! Well have you made your gingerbread house or train yet? We did so last week and so did some other family members, ours miraculously still has 99% of its candies still attached to the frosting, but theirs has about one poor candy holding on for dear life!

I have to tell you we are becoming a lazy society as an easy to make gingerbread house is now so pre-packaged you can almost make it with your eyes closed. Also, there is no imagination to creating your own home, you are following instructions to create a simple structure. Hmmm...four walls and a roof, how do I assemble that? I have to admit that this year I got the easy to assemble fool proof package, with icing already made (isn't icing just sugar and water?) but next year the home made gingerbread is coming out fresh from the oven!

Secret Gingerbread Recipe
225g Self Raising Flour
110g Brown Sugar
110g. Butter
½ Egg (Beaten)
1 Large Tablespoon Golden Syrup
2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
2 Teaspoon Rum or Brandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I would like to see how your structure would look and taste! I will take the pre-packaged kind TYVM! Love sista #1