Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cookbook advice



Thx to my friend Stefano who gave me some great advice tonight on cookbook writing, publishing and more...He co-wrote the Grazie restaurant http://www.grazie.ca/ cookbook to commemorate their 15th anniversary at the corner of Yonge and Eg. He self-published and they have sold a large amount of copies so far which is great news! I have been collecting recipes for the last few weeks and have not thought about some of the other elements that Steve got me thinking about...so still collecting recipes but the next phase is about working on the writing bits.

Any Sicilian kids with any stories of their Nonna's feeding (or rather stuffing them!) with food please contact me so I can write down some funny little stories.

Am going to start with my cousins and am sure our charismatic and funny grandmother will give me enough content but would be good to hear about other spunky and fun grandmothers giving their grandkids big hunky paninis with several types of meat and cheese while the other kids at school had pbj-(peanut butter and jelly) sandwiches on thin white bread. I know we did a lot of swapping--mmmmmm!

We never had those nor any canned pasta which my mother would sometimes indulge us with but I think she also had to hide that from our Nonna too as pasta from a can is a definite no, no in any Italian family. But Chef Boyardee was sooo good to us -the MSG and chemicals were a treat!

No comments: