Thursday, April 26, 2007

Deep & Delicious
Mmmm...Mc Cain Deep & Delicious cake is the frozen cake that we grew up on. Back in TO and at a corner shop near AK's condo I re-acquainted myself with at all the foods that I missed while being in the UK.

Hickory Sticks, Mr. Christie Cookies, Bick's Pickles(the best pickles in Canada) and the Mc Cain cake selection. The cake is white and fluffy and has the best icing. I didn't read the ingredients because I would not like them am sure but it is delicious.

Bought the 'white flavour' cake and enjoyed it with some random food items like pickles, samosas, pita and salsa and beef and vegetable patties (like I used to have in high school). It was all washed down with a cup of green tea with mint. Weird but yummy!

Don't ask me why we had this weird combo but the corner shop near his place made a pretty penny off us as they sell everything at double the price. I even persuaded AK to not get some plastic pot noodle soup as we had enough random food stuff..

The Esplanade entertainment of the day was watching the store owner drill steel bars to the shop's door in her high heels and using an electric power drill...

:)

No comments: